2.18.2010

Marypoppins Maladie

I think I have a case of the Marypoppins Maladie - I never stay anywhere longer than 3 years.  There's a change in the wind and I open my umbrella (though mine unfortnately doesn't talk) and float to the next place I'm meant to go.  I never float on a cloud like Mary though - my voyage is always a hurricaine of angst and storms until I open my carpet bag and create a new nest for myself in the next city.  Even then I have black clouds that hang above my head from time to time until I feel at home and have made a place for myself. 

After experiencing this phenomenon twice now, I know what to expect. However, I'm sharing my life with someone who doesn't and the thought of taking a giant leap into the beautiful sidewalk drawing of Paris sitting right in front of us is tremendously scary. 

Let's go fly a kite, up to the highest height, let's go fly a kite and send it soaring!

Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2/22/2010

    OH my goodness! I do the same thing! Devo calls it my three year itch. I usually call it wanderlust. Buona Fortuna if you do chose to follow the wind! Lemme know where you end up!

    <3

    ReplyDelete

Salut! Comments may take a moment to appear on French Cannes Cannes. Thanks for reading - à bientôt!