5.06.2011

Paris Calls

There is something about Paris that makes me feel bad about staying in for the night. I feel like I'm missing something - like when you're a kid and it's bedtime but the grown ups get to stay up...and you can hear them talking and laughing and you just know you are missing out.

I left work today at almost 8pm. It was still light out and people were already gathered on terraces in the middle of their Friday night aperitifs.  I soooo wanted to join them. But I was exhausted, my eyes were dry from staring at an Excel sheet all day, I felt grumpy.

Then I wondered who I would even call if I did want to go out.  Ps -this is never a good idea if you are already in a bad mood. You ultimately just feel worse.

I try to tell myself that lots of people stay home after work. People who live in the countryside probably mostly stay home. How will I feel when I have children and can't go out, even if I'm in a good mood and want to?!

Paris does this to me. It's all Paris' fault.

So here I am, in PJ's, glass of wine, baguette with olive oil and fleur de sel and my trusty blog.

Thanks, I feel better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Salut! Comments may take a moment to appear on French Cannes Cannes. Thanks for reading - à bientôt!