8.21.2011

Summer When It Sizzles

Il fait chaud à Paris! Yikes it's hot here! It's cocotte minute, sweat until you can sweat no more, HOT.

After a walk through the 13th, up rue Mouffetard in the 5th and then down the boulevard St Michel and over into the Marais, Copain and I were getting irritable from the heat.  Feet swollen, beaks parched - we decided it was time to head home.

The Frenchies decided a long time ago that it was a good idea to peace out in sweaty August...pretty much everyone had some version of this sign in their storefront:




Frozen fruit fan that I am (try the frozen melon balls at Picard!!) I'd cut up three bananas last night and put them in baggies in the freezer.  The moment we got home I tried out this recipe that I found on Erin Zammet Ruddy's blog over at Parenting.com - basically, you just blend up frozen bananas to make vegan "banana ice cream".  She uses it as a "treat" for her kids who think they are eating junk food when in reality, it's just fruit!  As I'm not a vegan, and as I forgot her little microwave tip, I decided to add one plain yogurt (Activia) and a little bit of non-fat milk.  It was just as awesome as she said it would be - Copain gave it two enthusiastic thumbs up.



Now we have grapes freezing in baggies (all out of bananas) - in full chill mode on the couch.  Because what the heck else can you do in Paris, quand il fait une chaleur pas possible???


1 comment:

Salut! Comments may take a moment to appear on French Cannes Cannes. Thanks for reading - à bientôt!