10.25.2011

Art Food at the Pomps

I love when visiting friends want to go to art expos while they're in Paris - I'm so bad at going on my own!  This is precisely why I took my copine up on her offer to visit the almighty Centre Pompidou modern art museum on Sunday afternoon.  The line to see the Edvard Munch expo was too long, so we took in the permanent collections instead (and I reveled in getting the young person discount without even asking. Even when I tell them that I'm almost 30, they don't believe me... thanks Pompidiou for the 3 Euros discount!)

I couldn't stop taking photos.  I think eating a little art food now and again is very necessary for the vitals...

There were crazy rooms to walk through...

And sad things to think about...

Simplicity to ponder... 

Messages to read...

Tea to be had on the 6th floor terrace...

Lines and reflections...

Long, skinny things with shadows...

Things in the distance to examine...

Furniture to plotz over...

Magical views to dream about...

I miss taking the time to let my mind wonder freely.  I took advantage of my four years of modern dance in college where I was encouraged to do this - in journals, with movement, with words.  My day at the Pomps made me want to dance through the halls with the white walls as my backdrop, maybe mix some paints and buy myself a canvas to fill.

I must serve myself up some art food more often.  It's so filling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Salut! Comments may take a moment to appear on French Cannes Cannes. Thanks for reading - à bientôt!