10.09.2011

In Honor of Fall

I know we all thought that Fall had arrived a few weeks ago - you remember - right before the temperature started hitting 28°C and all the Parisiennes busted out the maxi dresses again? Well, mes amis, I think that Fall is back and is here to stay!

In honor of scarves, beige trench coats and the season of adding cinnamon to everything, I decided to make my first banana bread de l'automne:


I used my Momma's recipe but halved the sugar for French taste buds and instead of chocolate chips (which I didn't have) added cut up dried figs to the batter.  I already ate two pieces (shhhh) but what I'm really looking forward to is my morning cup of coffee, a thick slice warmed up with a thick pad of butter on top! Trop bon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Salut! Comments may take a moment to appear on French Cannes Cannes. Thanks for reading - à bientôt!