9.04.2011

Femme de Fer à la Piscine

My Parisian Pool Adventures are going well - I've already been four times and stopped by Go Sport for a super-authentic one-piece Speedo bathing suit! (I was feeling a little nulle with my sports bra and bikini bottoms). I can't help but feel like I'm in training for Ironman, what will all the power walking, swimming and Velib biking I've been doing around town...

On Wednesday I swam for 35 minutes and then biked all the way home ... in the rain.  By the time I got to the four flights of stairs in my building my legs were on FIRE. I'm not sure if this means that I worked hard or that I am incredibly out of shape. Let's be honest, probably the latter.

Friday I went to la piscine again and then walked around town until things started to look blurry and I thought I was going to fall over. I stopped into Wanna Juice and got some Cocolocomango-arama smoothie thingy to get my blood sugar back up, then some water to hydrate. Then, because I was obviously losing my mind, I decided to bike home again.

When I got to our front door, Copain took one look at me and said - oh la la! Qu'est-ce qui t'arrive?!


I'm pretty sure I'm going to get in great shape this way (especially with the current Parisian heat and humidity levels) - I'll just sweat until the cows come home (not without intense swamp ass bien sur). I'm also going to start calling myself Femme de Fer.  Woman of Iron. carrement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Salut! Comments may take a moment to appear on French Cannes Cannes. Thanks for reading - à bientôt!