11.04.2011

Paris Eats- Korean Style

I was on my way to Higuma the other day when I came across an amazing Korean restaurant with my friend Sunny.  The place was getting packed, the prices looked good and the smell was ah-mazing.  We ditched the Higuma idea and went to Guibine instead - thankfully they had a table for two!

The menu looked not unlike the Bible.

We got lots of little veggie add ons to top our Korean barbecue, including Sunny's favorite, kimchi. (yum!)

Our beef and veggies arrived uncooked...and then our server turned on the heat and started mixing all of the deliciousness up for us.

Rice was served in this little bowl - kimchi makes an appearance in the upper left-hand corner.

Here is our beef and veggies all cooked and ready to be enjoyed.

I'm so excited to have another rue Sainte-Anne favorite! By the time we were done, a line was forming outside the restaurant, which leads me to believe that we found a hot ticket.  The meal for both of us together was 37 Euros (we didn't get any drinks).  I think that's pretty reasonable for a delicious meal cooked right in front of you.

The ambiance was cozy and the servers were definitely on top of it, despite the busy night. I will be back - c'est sur et certain.

Guibine
44 rue Sainte-Anne
75002 Paris
Tel: 01 40 20 45 83
Metro: Opera, Quatre-Septembre or Pyramides

1 comment:

  1. I am a big fan of Korean food, I have to try this one, it looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete

Salut! Comments may take a moment to appear on French Cannes Cannes. Thanks for reading - à bientôt!