1. Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go, Wham! (all time favorite - reminds me instantly of my childhood and for some reason, leotards and legwarmers!)
Ignore the ad at the beginning and go right to the good stuff - short shorts, feathered hair and scrunchies!
2. I Wanna Dance With Somebody, Whitney Huston (I know, I know, typical, but this song kicks bootay - I'm dancing on my couch people).
Hands down, Whitney takes the cake on 80's fashion! You go fluorescent yellow leggings!
3. Moondance, Van Morrison (became a favorite in high school; I could always count on my best friend to get up and dance with me when this song came on...)
a random video with photos, but hey, great sound
4. Empire State of Mind, Jay-Z, Alicia Keys (and even though I'm a Californian, I still get a little home sick when I hear this song)
5. Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, Cyndi Lauper (a classic!!)
Cyndi, I heart you
6. Dancing on the Ceiling, Lionel Richie (I'm sorry, I'm a child of the 80's!)
7. Sing Sing Sing (With a Swing), The Benny Goodman Orchestra (love love love!)
8. Moses Supposes, Gene Kelly (don't you just want to grab a pair of tap shoes and jump in??)
And a French Cannes Cannes special...
9. I Got Rhythm, Gene Kelly, in An American in Paris (le time-step!)