3.31.2012

La Vingt-Neuvième Liste

List 29 - Songs that make me want to dance

1. Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go, Wham! (all time favorite - reminds me instantly of my childhood and for some reason, leotards and legwarmers!)

Ignore the ad at the beginning and go right to the good stuff - short shorts, feathered hair and scrunchies!

2. I Wanna Dance With Somebody, Whitney Huston (I know, I know, typical, but this song kicks bootay - I'm dancing on my couch people).

Hands down, Whitney takes the cake on 80's fashion! You go fluorescent yellow leggings!

3. Moondance, Van Morrison (became a favorite in high school; I could always count on my best friend to get up and dance with me when this song came on...)


a random video with photos, but hey, great sound


4. Empire State of Mind, Jay-Z, Alicia Keys (and even though I'm a Californian, I still get a little home sick when I hear this song)


5. Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, Cyndi Lauper (a classic!!)

Cyndi, I heart you

6. Dancing on the Ceiling, Lionel Richie (I'm sorry, I'm a child of the 80's!)




7. Sing Sing Sing (With a Swing), The Benny Goodman Orchestra (love love love!)


8. Moses Supposes, Gene Kelly (don't you just want to grab a pair of tap shoes and jump in??)



And a French Cannes Cannes special...

9. I Got Rhythm, Gene Kelly, in An American in Paris (le time-step!)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Salut! Comments may take a moment to appear on French Cannes Cannes. Thanks for reading - à bientôt!