2.23.2013

Soirée Parisienne à l'Opera Garnier

My Kombucha Copine has become the Artistic Social Coordinator for us expat dancers in Paris, and we love her for it.

Practically a month after meeting her, she had set up 6 months of dance performances for us to see. She pretty much rocks the planning ahead (which I am HORRIBLE at, so I appreciate her that much more for getting my boo-tay out of my teeny apartment and into a theatre).

When February rolled around, it was time to see the Paris Opera Ballet dancers perform Jiri Kylian's Kaguyahime. As I got off the metro and walked towards the opera house, I realized that it would be the very first performance I'd seen at Opera Garnier. Eight years in France, three years in Paris, and I'd never seen a performance here! What?????? I know. 

See why I especially need Kombucha Copine in my life?

KC, Dancer Friend and I all met at l'Entreacte for pre-show drink and all of a sudden I felt so, parisienne, as I sipped Champagne and looked out the window at this:




When it was time to go inside, I was blown away - the Opera is a show in and of itself (no offense, Jiri)











We made our way through the Opera to our seats in the loges, and found tiny, burgundy velvet chairs waiting for us:





and then the show began...



We walked out on a little Parisian dance cloud of happiness and decided to treat ourselves to after-show dessert drinks too...because, you know, you only live once and this is Paris!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Salut! Comments may take a moment to appear on French Cannes Cannes. Thanks for reading - à bientôt!