I'm happy to be on the other side of it, still in one piece and not rotting in a French jail for strangling my boyfriend or throwing baguettes at idiotic bankers.
We have been through the wringer people.
This all sounds horribly bad - très mauvais - but basically, we used our driving force of 2013 - Avancer - and took it to a whole new level for 2014.
In 2014 we:
1. Put in an offer on the cutest apartment in the world. In our favorite Parisian neighborhood.
2. Realized the that the apartment was above a dry cleaners (dangerous perc!). Freaked out.
3. Urgently visited the environmental police office in Paris and combed through their files to research the dry cleaner's level of danger - finally decided it was okay to move forward and that we wouldn't die of perc-induced cancer.
4. Bankers! loans! Documents! Different banks! Different loans! More documents!
5. Took a trip to Vietnam and Cambodia - almost got hit by lightening in the plane to Siem Reap. Hiked to a remote village, stayed with the villagers. Swam through the Dark Cave, tried not to die.
6. Decided to get married in November. French paperwork! More paperwork! But then this:
7. Said, OUI! then flew to Budapest -bouquet and all- for our wedding dinner... just the two of us.
At the airport: You are a few meters from a new beginning...
8. Moved out of our Teeny Parisian Apartment into our new humble (but adorable) abode in the 11th arrondissement - down five flights of stairs on one side, up five flights of stairs on the other side!
9. Celebrated the holidays as mari & femme - in a heated apartment! With lovely stockings from Budapest, and our first Parisian Christmas tree.
10. Got rid of the taupe couch!
11. Bought our first dinner table, first new bed, a rug, and finally hung photos on the walls. I even bought a Le Creuset casserole dish and made a boeuf bourguignon.
We are finally home.
So you understand why French Cannes Cannes went on hiatus for a year there. It was nutso up in this heezy. I was a crazy lady - une folle!
But I'm happy to be back and to share 2015 with you. We are done with Avancer, so now we can VIVRE.