3.06.2011

Vitamin D does Paris

Holy Moly Sunshine! Today Paris was SUNNY! I think I may have actually gotten the recommended daily dosage of vitamin D for the first time in uhhh...four months??!

People - I had to wear SUNGLASSES - real, block out the rays, ouch I'm squinting sunglasses! It was still only 7°C but hey - I felt rays of sunlight and that is a biiiiiig deal in Paris.   I didn't realize what a big deal it was until I tried to get a coffee on rue des Francs Bourgeois and found the ENTIRE Parisian population sitting on some terrace or another getting their daily dose of vitamin D.

I'm telling you - c'était fou! Sidewalks were so crowded that it was hard to walk and carry on a conversation with a friend and terraces were jam-packed making inside seating really the only option.  (The fact that it was only 7° made this not such a bad thing...).

I didn't realize how much I missed the sun...it glistened off the Seine today - that is how sunny it was.  Perhaps this is what I need for the current bataille against the catastrophe that is my face....

Can I order more of this stuff? Like on the internet or something?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Salut! Comments may take a moment to appear on French Cannes Cannes. Thanks for reading - à bientôt!